ARD, CAPPS, Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder , Internal Scar Tissue, Hope for those who suffer from Adhesions

Monday, May 02, 2005

Conspiracy Theory Begins

This lady “ Carolyn” had actually “ created” an email in May of 2003, sent it to others stating she received THIS email from ME:
----- Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows
To: Carolyn J, Meadows
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 11:34 AM
Subject: Fw:
Are you recommending Dr. Reich rather than Dr. Kruschinski?
100% I am. That is exactly what I am saying! Above all the surgeons in the world I am recommending Dr. Reich! I share what I would do if it were me, it would be no one but Reich unless there were no other choice in the matter! The difference here is that your going to the man who wrote the book on laporoscopic adhesiolysis verses anyone who read the book! If you had the choice of taking your car to a mechanic who fixes cars, or the man who designed and built it, who would you take it to? And if you wouldn't , why not? Bev

Harry, first of all our daughter was getting married in May, second, I never even heard of this lady until I sent that email to Daniel and the post op patients of his the falsified their staments on the IAS as to the results of their adhesiolysis in Frankfurt! THIS is one of those ladies…and to show you just how animate she was to take me down…well, here is her email to our “whistle blower,” Dawn Rose!
----- Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows
To: Dawn
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: information

Dawn,
You don't see all the personal letters Sally, myself, Karen and Lisa get thanking us for giving them hope and helping them make a decision by our posting. Just remember all the ladies who chose other doctors besides Dr.D.K. going again and again for more surgery....now who is doing the injustice??
Your reaction is as some said it would be, the reason others would say nothing. I felt if presented with the facts you would see it different, I was wrong. Do you not see it as a disservice pushing down the throat a doctor who is going to have to do the surgery over and over. There is a lot more, but I am sworn to secrecy. I only want for other suffering what I have.
Sorry I bothered you about this matter.
Carolyn



Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows
To: Dawn
Subject: Re: information
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 4:34 AM
Carolyn J Meadows wrote:
Dawn,
Sally had a 2 hr. talk with Wiseman about what is going on the board, she is real upset. Are you still "mulling" it over?
Love Carolyn



Harry, This is INTERESTING!!! First time I saw these communications or even heard about this….it is sort of funny!
Here Daniel’s ladies are angry at ME and trying to bait ME into posting and arguing about YOU, and I knew nothing about any of it until today, July 23, 2003, nor did you! Sad, but funny!
Bev

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dawn"
To: ;
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 4:49 AM
Subject: Another tempest in a teapot

 Dear David and Tracy,
> Owww...I have been having a hell of a time with certain individuals who
> have been to Germany.
 I believe you may have gotten a ranting phone call about this yesterday.
> I am sorry they latch onto these things so.
> Hell, I am to busy now to dwell on such things but for some reason they
> feel like I should take on Beverly on their behalf ( ha, as if I would).
> I have not mentioned this to her...I know she has more important things
> to think about as well. They want to have some kind of showdown as to
> which Doctor in Germany is better.
> This is my response to one of the individuals and I am sure it will make
> the rounds. If you thought it would help to post this on the board I would, happily.
I know you are too busy for this bit of truffles but it does have potential to get out of hand from my vantage point.
> Warmest wishes to you both and I hope this note finds you both well.
> Dawn

> What I wrote:
> (I have thought about this long and hard and I think that the patients,
> as long as they are going to Seligenstadt will choose the doctor they feel comfortable with. As to what anyone else does to influence people's choice of surgeons, shoving one surgeon or the other down a persons throat due to the loyally the former sufferer feels, would do the frightened sufferer a disservice. The last thing the ARD sufferer would need is to be badgered between to very tough choices, leading them to be more confused, unsure and perhaps frightened by their choice. We would be just as guilty by insisting Daniel is the only way to go. The only goal should be the patient becomes adhesion free.
Both surgeons are equally confidant but offer different methods of achieving their goal. We must also remember they are friends and business partners. In addition to that, we are not medically qualified to ascertain the aspects of each surgery and we do not know if one surgeon would be better at handling certain problems, per their experience, that a sufferer may be facing. We must also remember that not all can make the trip for various
> reasons. By bringing this issue to the board so often, it ( the board)can loose it's special message to all. The board should be a place of hope and education. I have noticed less and less posting. Think of the new person coming for the first time and imagine what they would think when the board is full of talk of Germany...pretty overwhelming.
I spent almost two years on the boards, interacting and educating myself until I came to the choice to go to Germany. I assessed all the information and made my own choice.
I know that others have been angry with me for not speaking of my trip to Germany on the boards.
I think a triumphant return post is indeed in order but after that I feel strongly that our opinions should be given only when asked. I believe they would have so much more impact that way. When a sufferer feels comfortable enough with us to ask, that is when we should offer our opinion. Again, I must reiterate, that getting a person adhesion free should be the main goal, to allay fear for those investigating this very scary and difficult choice. If you feel this makes me disloyal to Daniel, I certainly am not. He saved my life, how could I not be forever in his debt I would never dream of having surgery with anyone else or without the gassless approach...who knows....it would be nice if Dr. Reich brings that technique here. I know Daniel has been teaching him. I have checked the archives and they have not been tampered with to remove his information.
Instead of searching the word germany, try searching Dr. Kruschinski and you will see. The IAS would never do that anyhow...it is an open forum for all. This is the way Dr. Wiseman wishes it to be. It is the front line of the war as it were. I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but I believe it is the right thing to do to further our battle against ARD.
We should not start any type of tempest in a teapot when we are not sure of the facts or the results of our actions.
> Humbly offer our opinion when asked.
> Warm wishes,
> Dawn




----- Original Message -----
From: Dawn
To: Carolyn J Meadows
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 4:34 AM
Subject: Re: information

Dear Carolyn,
I have thought about this long and hard and I think that the patients, as long as they are going to Seligenstadt will choose the doctor they feel comfortable with. As to what anyone else does to influence people's choice of surgeons, shoving one surgeon or the other down a persons throat due to the loyalty the former sufferer feels, would do the frightened sufferer a disservice. The last thing the ARD sufferer would need is to be badgered between two very tough choices, leading them to be more confused, unsure and perhaps frightened by their choice. We would be just as guilty by insisting Daniel is the only way to go. The only goal should be the patient becomes adhesion free. Both surgeons are equally confidant but offer different methods of achieving their goal. We must also remember they are friends and business partners.
In addition to that, we are not medically qualified to ascertain the aspects of each surgery and we do not know if one surgeon would be better at handling certain problems, per their experience, that a sufferer may be facing.
We must also remember that not all can make the trip for various reasons. By bringing this issue to the board so often, it (the board) can loose it's special message to all. The board should be a place of hope and education. I have noticed less and less posting. Think of the new person coming for the first time and imagine what they would think when the board is full of talk of Germany...pretty overwhelming.
I spent almost two years on the boards, interacting and educating myself until I came to the choice to go to Germany. I assessed all the information and made my own choice.
I know that others have been angry with me for not speaking of my trip to Germany on the boards.
I think a triumphant return post is indeed in order but after that I feel strongly that our opinions should be given only when asked. I believe they would have so much more impact that way. When a sufferer
feels comfortable enough with us to ask, that is when we should offer our opinion. Again, I must reiterate, that getting a person adhesion free should be the main goal, to allay fear for those investigating this very scary and difficult choice.
If you feel this makes me disloyal to Daniel, I certainly am not. He saved my life, how could I not be forever in his debt.
I would never dream of having surgery with anyone else or without the gassless approach...who knows....it would be nice if Dr. Reich brings that technique here. I know Daniel has been teaching him.
I have checked the archives and they have not been tampered with to remove his information. Instead of searching the word germany, try searching Dr. Kruschinski and you will see.
The IAS would never do that anyhow...it is an open forum for all. This is the way Dr. Wiseman wishes it to be. It is the front line of the war as it were.
I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but I believe it is the right thing to do to further our battle against ARD.
We should not start any type of tempest in a teapot when we are not sure of the facts or the results of our actions.
Humbly offer our opinion when asked.
Warm wishes,
Dawn


Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows
To: Dawn
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: information
Dawn,
You don't see all the personal letters Sally, myself, Karen and Lisa get thanking us for giving them hope and helping them make a decision by our posting.
Just remember all the ladies who chose other doctors besides Dr.D.K. going again and again for more surgery....now who is doing the injustice??
Your reaction is as some said it would be, the reason others would say nothing. I felt if presented with the facts you would see it different, I was wrong. Do you not see it as a disservice pushing down the throat a doctor who is going to have to do the surgery over and over.
There is a lot more, but I am sworn to secrecy. I only want for other suffering what I have. Sorry I bothered you about this matter.
Carolyn


----- Original Message ----- ----- Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows
To: Dawn
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 9:25 AM
Subject: stance
Dawn,
Others are wonder how you feel on this subject, do you mind if I share your opinions on this subject?
Love Carolyn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dawn"
To: "lisa"
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 7:58 AM
Subject: Greetings

 Dear Lisa,
> Hope this note finds you well.
> I don't mean to bother you but some of the girls are deep into a conspiracy theory involving Daniel's information taken out of the archives...that people get paid to get a sufferer to go to one surgeon over another and other things. They are driving me nuts and seem to want me to confront Beverly.
The only thing that would really concern me is if Beverly has a new
agenda of getting people to Harry only. I would never question her methods and can envision many scenarios where she might legitimately make this suggestion. Heck she gave me her hands down blessing to go to Daniel when I was trying to make the choice. Bottom line is you are the advocate for Daniel and I always follow that protocol, you are the source of accurate information, you first and if anyone cares for my opinion i am more than happy to give it after I refer them to you.
> I would like to offer a case in point. Of course confidentially. I am
> sure you know of LaDonna, I have been answering her questions as I am sure you have and she could never commit. Beverly is most intuitive and perhaps she was able to persuade LaDonna with the fact Harry can help her in America if she should ever need it and what ever else she said...now LaDonna is going, to become adhesion free. I see that as fine.

> Oh, everyone has all this evidence to show me but for now I am getting
> lots of rumor and innuendo and part of one email. If you felt this was of great concern I would bring it up with Dr. Wiseman. It would not be right if Bev is telling all patients to go to Harry instead of Daniel, flat, hands down. Perhaps she was just trying to shore up his quota so that others who have never left their state
might feel comfortable going to Germany. So many variables that we just do not know....ARD sufferers can be yes men to all but the final say should be theirs and theirs alone, based on education and what is right for them.
> Below is what I wrote to one of the ladies in question....and I keep on thinking to myself..."why the hell aren't you out planting flowers or seeing a movie or all the other things you could not do rather than obsess with this.
" I am afraid of the way they continue to respond to each post on the
> board from new and old alike, singing Daniel's praises, that it could
> jeopardize the very message board itself....conflicts like these take
> Dr. Wiseman away from more effective outlets of helping sufferers. It
> makes him crazy that people posting can use the board for their agenda
> and not the IAS's. Between you and I he has said as much and the
> situation is quite serious. I spoke to him about this yesterday.
> Any input from you would be gratefully accepted. Any way I can help
> please let me know. I won't speak of it again unless you ask me to.
> Sorry to be a bummer.
> Went hiking in the mountains with my daughter over mothers day
> weekend...still can't believe it!!
> Love,
> Dawn


----- Original Message -----
From: Carolyn J Meadows
To: Dawn
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 9:51 AM
Subject: helping others
Dawn,
I think it is a sad day when you get your health back and you so viciously lash out at others.
I won't waste my time sending your vicious words out to anyone else, I am enjoying my health now and I don't have time for such wickedness.
Carolyn

 > What I wrote:
>
>
> I have thought about this long and hard and I think that the patients,
> as long as they are going to
> Seligenstadt will choose the doctor they feel comfortable with. As to
> what anyone else does to
> influence people's choice of surgeons, shoving one surgeon or the other
> down a persons throat due
> to the loyally the former sufferer feels, would do the frightened
> sufferer a disservice. The last thing
> the ARD sufferer would need is to be badgered between to very tough
> choices, leading them to be
> more confused, unsure and perhaps frightened by their choice.We would
> be just as guilty by
> insisting Daniel is the only way to go. The only goal should be the
> patient becomes adhesion free.
> Both surgeons are equally confidant but offer different methods of
> achieving their goal. We must
> also remember they are friends and business partners.
> In addition to that, we are not medically qualified to ascertain the
> aspects of each surgery and we
> do not know if one surgeon would be better at handling certain problems,
> per their experience, that
> a sufferer may be facing.
> We must also remember that not all can make the trip for various
> reasons. By bringing this issue to
> the board so often, it ( the board)can loose it's special message to
> all. The board should be a place
> of hope and education. I have noticed less and less posting. Think of
> the new person coming for the
> first time and imagine what they would think when the board is full of
> talk of Germany...pretty
> overwhelming.
> I spent almost two years on the boards, interacting and educating myself
> until I came to the choice
> to go to Germany. I assessed all the information and made my own choice.
>
> I know that others have been angry with me for not speaking of my trip
> to Germany on the boards.
> I think a triumphant return post is indeed in order but after that I
> feel strongly that our opinions
> should be given only when asked. I believe they would have so much more
> impact that way. When
> a sufferer
> feels comfortable enough with us to ask, that is when we should offer
> our opinion. Again, I must
> reiterate, that getting a person adhesion free should be the main goal,
> to allay fear for those
> investigating
> this very scary and difficult choice.
> If you feel this makes me disloyal to Daniel, I certainly am not. He
> saved my life, how could I not be
> forever in his debt.
> I would never dream of having surgery with anyone else or without the
> gassless approach...who
> knows....it would be nice if Dr. Reich brings that technique here. I
> know Daniel has been teaching
> him.
> I have checked the archives and they have not been tampered with to
> remove his information.
> Instead of searching the word germany, try searching Dr. Kruschinski and
> you will see.
> The IAS would never do that anyhow...it is an open forum for all. This
> is the way Dr. Wiseman
> wishes it to be. It is the front line of the war as it were.
> I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but I believe it is
> the right thing to do to further
> our battle against ARD.
> We should not start any type of tempest in a teapot when we are not sure
> of the facts or the results
> of our actions.
> Humbly offer our opinion when asked.
> Warm wishes,
> Dawn

From: "Dawn"
To: "Carolyn J Meadows"
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 8:23 AM
Subject: An apology

> Dear Carolyn,
> I am sorry for the harsh words I spoke before. I did what you asked me
> not to...shoot the messenger. I was just very upset that my loyalty to
> Daniel was questioned and by people talking behind my back about me. I
> want you to know that I did speak to Dr. Wiseman about this problem. He
> is investigating it and will deal with it.
> I still stand by my original words...not all can make the trip and the
> board should not take up to much time talking about going to
> germany....a desperate plea from Ann Marie went unheard while there was
> much discussion going on about carbon dioxide. She's only 19 and perhaps
> worse off than any of us so far. Her and her mom do not drive and would
> not consider flying....ever! Think about how much people like Ann Marie
> need the board to help them thru.....you may notice that not so many
> newbies and regulars posting. I find it troubling.
> Again, My apologies to you, you were so kind and sweet to me in
> Germany...please remember me as the person who you met in
> Germany....willing to do whatever it take to help anyone who suffers.
> Feel no need to respond.
> Your truly,
> Dawn Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bev and Dawn,

Before I begin, may I first present you with your own salutation!

"Secrecy is what got us into this mess. Honesty and openness is the way we can protect ourselves from further suffering!"

That being stated, the following emails will reflect the TRUTH, though lengthy (we all know Bev has a LOT to say!)....these emails begin with the first time I had heard from Beverly Doucette (other than a previous time in which she and David Wiseman had attacked me verbally!)~~

The first email is Beverly's attempt to pull at my weary heart strings in an effort to sway me to take my daughter to the surgeon of HER choice, rather than to the surgeon we had already chosen (Kruschinski)

The second email is the one Beverly claims she did not write, etc. Yes, she did and all can now see. This particular email, when printed, is 12 pages in length, and contains personal medical information about my daughter, therefore to protect her right to privacy, and also to spare the reader a consuming task, I have condensed the content. One need only look a the content of this letter, email addresses of the people that were receiving copies of these letters Beverly is famous for sending out, and one can come to his or her own conclusion as to WHO speaks truth and who denies what they have spoken/written.

In the beginning emails that Beverly and Dawn have posted here on this blog, Beverly denies what she has written and in fact accuses Carolyn of fabricating the email (s)...the truth is this:

Carolyn was trying to convince Dawn that Beverly was up to no good and continually speaking from both sides of her mouth....... Carolyn asked my permission to send Dawn a portion of the letter that Beverly had sent to me in which she advocates HER choice of doctor OVER the doctor we had already chosen (Kruschinski). I allowed Carolyn to send Dawn the portion from my letter. Below are the original emails from Beverly EXACTLY as I received them, (except I have condensed the second email). Again, the second email contains the VERY statement (that is within Carolyn's email they have posted here on this blog)that Beverly claims she did not write.


From: Beverly J.Doucette
Date: 11/26/02 14:05:15
To: stew@cowtown.net
Subject: Re: XXXX


Dear Karen,

I think I may be the last person you would want to hear from, but I elected to chance an email to you in hopes that you would give me the opportunity to share something with you. I think you realize that my post had nothing to do with your project and most importantly, not about you. I did say that you were going about securing stories the responsible & respectful way, thus you were segregated from any other part of the post. I will not continue on this sad issue as I give you enough credit for understanding my words and if that is so, you will continue to read my email as it brings a personal message to you and to XXXX.

I have been assisting many, many victims of ARD for as long as the IAS came into conception, and well before it became public, thus I have heard their horror stories, felt their sadness and fears and reached out to them when I could. For years David Wiseman, Helen D. & I were the main source of sharing thoughts, education and support for a long time. We eventually built the IAS up to include a great number of ARD sufferers, (actually the IAS built itself up simply by being there for those who had PC access and found us!)

Because of this type of involvement with so many suffering people, I heard many different types of issues surrounding the suffering of our ARD family members..all very pitiful and sad, some more so then others. Though suffering knows no competition in my book, I personally have been touched by some members above others, perhaps it is only human nature to be drawn to some more then others if we feel some sort of " connection." I have no explanation for that, but I think it I just how people react in all cases of life and interaction with others!

Karen, If I may share with you a moment longer please, I would greatly appreciate that.
Everytime I read your posts, my heart breaks for you and XXXX. I am brought to tears, and not an easy thing for me as I am pretty much in control of my emotions, self imposed and ingrained from years of suffering by having to "grin and bare it" type syndrome! ( I made that syndrome up of course, but it seems to fit me non the less) I admit to feeling some fear when I read your words, and I mean real deep down gut renching fear, almost to an agony of sorts. I actually hesitated to write to you, not for thoughts that you wouldn't read my email, ( how would I know unless you elected to write back) but because I wasn't sure I could really approach the issue I wish to bring up to you, and my hesitation was selfish as to not have written you would mean I spare myself some negative feelings that most of the time I rather escape from then face!!

When I read your posts they appear to me to be filled with much energy, almost intense, maybe even desperate at times. They project fear, anger, certainly frustrated! Maybe it is only me who reads them that way, but that is what I do read...and I am reading them from mothers point of view..a mother who is so desperate for her daughter to be given a chance at life as they had expected it to be, hoped it would be, a mother who needs for this to be, a mother who hurts so deep inside that her personal agony cannot even be recognized or it would burn a hole through her heart! That is what I read in your emails, Karen.
I think your intensity to want to reach out and touch all who suffer as XXXX suffers is proof of your desire to stop the suffering of ARD when, where and if you can..all compassionate and commendable things that come deep from within your being!
I think your like this because of how desperately you want help for XXXX, at the least it might be because of what you have experienced in your walk with XXXX as she travels this horrific path in her life. I don't know you, maybe I am wrong here, but I think I am right.

Your XXXX's mother, and I am also a mother to a beautiful 26 year old daughter, Christie Beverly ( like that middle name??:-) And I love her so much, she is so sweet, a wonderful giving daughter, a real joy in our lives! She works at the local hospital in women's health, she does the mammograms and also works in radiology at times. I am sure I do not have to go into how important she is in my life, or how I want the world for her..I want to surround her with only good things from that world, protect her, fight for her if that need comes, and I will be a fierce warrior for her, that I do know! Like you are for XXXX right now as she battles ARD!
Because of my own walk with ARD, I fear ARD! It is the only thing in life that scares me, that I react to with anxiety when hearing about it, thinking about it, reliving it! Many ARD sufferers once well enough to walk away from it, do just that! It is not from lack of caring or compassion to their fellow ARD sufferers, but due to the fear and stress of living it through those yet to be well! I do that too, as I want to live as free from it as possible now, I have done what I wanted to do for the cause..now I want to live as free of it as possible, but that doesn't happen all of the time!! I must want to self punish or something as it seems I am always doing something for the cause of ARD!! Maybe I am just nutty!! :-)

Karen, it is for all those reason above your emails put fear into my heart when I read them..a fear that one day I may stand where your standing as we both know ARD can hit anyone at anytime and destroy their lives in so many ways, not to mention the pain and suffering! Of course, if it happened to my daughter I would fight like your fighting, tooth and nail! But I would also be filled with heartbreak and fear for what she faces and has to deal with, what she has to live with..or without! I know I would suffer for both her and for me, as to watch her suffer would cut me like a knife...and I would want her to get the best medical intervention available on this earth!! And I would get that too!

This is why I am writing to you this morning...I think that you mentioned in one of your posts that XXXX is doing good following an adhesiolysis, though I am not certain on her present condition regarding ARD symptoms. I am hoping she is feeling good and pain free. I am also hoping that she did have improvements following her last surgery. BUT..in the event XXXX is experiencing pain and symptoms that she is taking medication for, or pain that she knows will escalate in the future, ( and we ARD sufferers do know the pattern of ARD pain ) then it is almost a given that she will require surgical intervention in her future.
I am not for certain, but I think I gave your name to a Dr. Judy Kemp, member of the IAS. I have been assisting Judy and another IAS member, Annie, with making arrangements to get to Dr. Reich while he is in Frankfurt, Germany. Judy & Annie, as well as one or two more ARD sufferers, have secured appointments with Dr. Reich & Dr. Daniel Kruschinski for adhesiolysis with Confluent Spraygel in January at the Emma Clinic "Institute for Endoscopic Gynecology & Laporoscopic Surgery."

The reason I thought of XXXX was because if this were my daughter and I had this opportunity, I would at the very least want to know about it. Not to many have been made privy to this as it is not easy to secure a date for Dr. Reich..I start to make the arrangments well before I actually solidify the dates as he can be prone to changing the dates..but the dates I have him are now in granite!! I know Lisa Gravens is the advocate for Dr. Kruschinski and I think she does post information about him on the IAS board, though I am the patient advocate for Dr. Reich I do not post information about him in relationship to when he might be available for adhesiolysis in Frankfurt as it is VERY few and far between that this occurs! However, I am made aware of the dates he will be there and then I will make a few contacts.

I want to express that this is an opportunity for XXXX to possibly get as well as she will ever get from adhesions as this combination is the best case scenario a victim of ARD will ever encounter..and I am not for sure when this will happen again.

I bring this to your attention because I know what it would mean to me to have my child well enough to enjoy and live her life as comfortable as possible and probably with a massive decrease in her suffering and pain. I know it is a lot for XXXX to think about, and if she is feeling improved at this time, she may simply want to forget about medical intervention all together..at least until she must. I understand that and of course can relate to it as well. If there is anything I can do to help you two, I am here for that. I do have available everything one will need to get to and from Frankfurt, and I can secure a date, if he fills them up before you make a decision, and you want to get to him in January, I WILL do my best to get you in! I can assist with expiditing passports as well..and under five days too! :-)

And Karen, I do not reap any benefit of my assistance other then to know I might have helped someone..nothing more. I know you understand that, as you do the same, thus we do not have to try to explain why we do what we do for, per say, " free"..I do it simply because I can do it and I want to do it! Nothing more. If XXXX is not ready or interested, you do not need to get back to me at all, it is not neccesary as I respect whatever others might want and I have no problem if I do not hear from anyone I offer my assistance to.

Anyway, I avail myself to you via phone, or email communication for whatever you might want or feel would be helpful in making a decision, IF your interested of course.

You take care and please know that I hold all who suffer ARD in my heart and prayers.

In peace and friendship,
Beverly
http://www.pathwaystohope.org
http://www.Endogyn.com
http://www.confluentsurgical.com
http://www.adhesions.org/Links/

Beverly J. Doucette
International Adhesion Society
Patient Advocate
2314 Carney Avenue
Marinette, Wisconsin 54143
Tele: 1-715-735 -5131
Fax:1-715-735 –9723
email: bnb@new.rr.com

SECOND EMAIL

From: Beverly J.Doucette
Date: 11/27/02 10:07:02
To: kann
Cc: HRlscp@aol.com; Dr. Judy Kemp; MHaya0902@aol.com
Subject: Re: XXXX


Goodmorning Karen,

You will find my reply in bold within your email as that helps me to cover all issues.
I certainly will fill in all the blanks, and I think that I can as well! :-)

Thank-you for responding to me, I mean that sincerely! WE will help XXXX together and for as long as you elect to have my assistance.
----- Original Message -----
From: kann
To: BNB@new.rr.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: XXXX


Beverly,

Thank you for the email. I had contacted Dr. Kruschinski and sent him XXXX's operative report from Sept. 26th (this year). He e mailed me and said he believed he could help XXXX become more pain free. We discussed that she had not only adhesions and endo removed on the 26th, but also adhesions on her liver removed.
BD: Can you fax or scan XXXX's last operative report and associated pathology? I do have a medical background to understand these reports, but of greater importance is that I have assisted many victims of ARD and having studied their respective operative reports, then making comparisons to other ARD operative reports and looking at the results of those respective adhesiolysis procedures with Dr. Reich, Dr. Korell and Dr. Kruschinski, I have become pretty good at making a decent determination as to plausible outcomes of an adhesiolysis with the surgeons named above!
We know that every adhesiolysis is different, as will the outcomes be...but what I do know is what the chances of improvements will be in each given case...I am very skilled at reading them and making that determination, but it is also obvious to anyone who has even a semblance of knowledge about ARD that a patient who has had 4-10 prior adhesiolysis procedures before securing one with these surgeons will have a greater degree of adhesion involvement, weakened abdominal muscles that could cause hernias and bowel perforations to a higher extent then a patient who is 1-3 post operatives..who do you think will have a greater chance of securing resolutions from an adhesiolysis in Germany...the best news is that the Confluent Spraygel will offer them the " miracle" they are looking for!
( I am of the opinion that even a 50% reduction in ARD symtpoms is a miracle when you consider that there is so little medical/surgical intervention available for oour disease!! :-)

Karen, if you feel comfortable in sending those reports to me, we will discuss them via telephone if you wish.
I will discuss the liver involvemnt a bit down the way in this email...


KS: I contacted him again and asked if there would be a bowel specialist on hand or if he needed me to bring prior medical records, as we do have x-rays from several years ago showing portions of a narrowed bowel, (thus the previous "Crohn's" diagnosis).

BD: I can answer that for you..okay? There is always a general surgeon either in the operating room or on standby, though they are ussualy right in the operating room at Emma Clinic. ( I have been in a number of adhesiolysis/gyn procedures at Emma Clinic to know this as well as having discussed this with ALL surgeons I deal with be it here in the USA or Europe ( in the USA when we thought we had a special clinic to help our people )
X-ray films or reports will not offer anyhting if they are post 2 months beofre a surgery. They are not really neccesary at any time as they offer little in the diagnosis of adhesion involvement, and narrowing of the bowel is a given if there is adhesions of the bowel..and that will be anticipated and based on the prior adhesiolysis/operative report. The two prior operative written reports and associated pathology is the most important records you will have to send..these records can tell them everything they need to know! :-) Your doing everything you need to do at this time, good job, Karen!
WE all get the diagnosis of " Chrohn's", plus Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Bi-Poloar Disorder, of course Hypochondriacs & for good measure they throw in "drug addiction." Now the last one is probably the most realistic but then it is the Dr.s who prescribe the medications as there is nothing else they can do for the ARD sufferer...thus many do in fact suffer addictions. So be it I guess! One very dear lady was even accused of "Munchousen's " ( excuse spelling here please as I am not THAT good!! :-)
This lady has over 24+ abdominal surgeries, a rectus muscle that looks like swiss cheese on a CT scan becuase of so many laporotomy's causing hernias, her bowels actually can be seen pushing against her perotoneum and into her stoma, she lives with a urostomy because her surgeon sliced through her urinary bladder during an adhesiolysis, and she now suffers frequent and life threatening urosepsis and has recently had a shunt placed into her kidney to assist with antibiotics...and all of this was due to unskilled surgeons messing with her adhesions! She is in her 40's to boot! I have permission to send photos and her story if you like.

KS: He never answered my e mail.

BD: This is due to the amount of work he has. This is also why we arranged for "Patient Advocates" to assist these surgeons when we could. Though I am no longer the advocate for Dr. Kruschinski, I remain with Dr. Reich. Dr. Kruschinski is ussually pretty good with answering emails though....but I can tell you that the older medical reports will offer nothing and that yes, there is a gerneral surgeon near by! I have not seen where the general surgeon has needed to step in as both these surgeons can do an immediate repair in a bowel is nicked..and never have they had to resort to a colostomy!! That seems to hapen here in the USA and any surgeon who has a patient wake up with a colostomy is becuase that had an unskilled surgeon and nothing more!! My opinion of that is based on micro surgeries I have witnessed while in Europe, remarkable, Karen, simply remarkable!


KS:
I know the SprayGel to stop the adhesion growth would have to be great,

BD: I know the Confluent Spraygel will abort her adhesion reformations, thi is a given, Karen. I will add at this time that adhesions attached to her liver will also be effectively aborted as I have seen this happen in other cases with liver adhesion involvment.
but I would also like to have all aspects of her illness covered, or at least discussed.

KS: Are you recommending Dr. Reich rather than Dr. Kruschinski?

BD: 100% I am. That is exactly what I am saying! Above all the surgeons in the world I am recommending Dr. Reich for XXXX! I share what I would do if it were me or my daughter, and if it were my daughter, it would be no one but Reich unless there were no other choice in the matter! The difference here is that your going to the man who wrote the book on laporoscopic adhesiolysis verses anyone who read the book! If you had the choice of taking your car to a mechanic who fixes cars, or the man who designed and built it, who would you take it to? And if you wouldn't , why not?

KS: I am at a loss to be honest.

BD: I understand that. Your at a loss as you have many unanswered questions yet, and when we have questions, we need answers, and when we secure those answers, it is then that we can start to make dicisions..in this case, Karen, the decisions you will make are a matter of life and death for the most precious person in your life right now, your XXXX, it is no wonder your at a loss. I am here now, and together we will help all of you find the answers to all your questions and concerns, yes, time is limited here if you want to get to reich, but unfortunately he is few and gfar betwen and with ARD , well, time is a crunch as XXXX cannot afford to have an emergency surgery here in the USA!
I will spend only a moment dealing with speculations and assumed case scenario, as this will offer you an example of what we need to do to progress in the direction of getting her to Dr. Reich if it will be reality for her.) Please understand that sometimes a strong person stands alone as they are the ones everyone turns to for help, support, strength and leadership, don't I know! This time it is you who needs the help...and you have invited me to be that helper, so here I am my dear Karen, my friend, you and me will do this for XXXX, and you will never walk alone now as we travel this path to make a difference for victims of ARD, but for now, I prefer my energies remain focused on XXXX and her needs, as these are also your needs, and I ask your time and energy as well be focused on XXXX.and I am of the opinion that once you have walked this road with her and I, you will be so acclimated as to how to really make a difference for the cause of ARD that many others will benefit from knowing you! I think you and I can be reactive at times, but hey, we are now a team, and a dam good one we will be too, and we will do it for your XXXX.and things will be okay Karen!

BD: What symptoms remain?
Has her symtpoms that were reduced following her last surgery gotten any worse since then?

~~This portion has been removed for privacy purposes~~

BD: I can spend lots of time discussing the pros and cons of medical care for ARD here in the USA, or the lack of, and we will take a lot of time away from your questions regarding Dr. reich and an adhesiolysis in Frankfurt, XXXX may miss her opportunity. I think your taking a bigger risk by not focusing on these issues and attempt to put any fears to rest regarding a trip to Germany, I know you will never secure results that will help XXXX like you will with Dr. Reich and in Europe. How can I say this, I experienced it, and I have witnessed others who have as well. In fact everyone who has had this combination has experienced recovery of symtpoms caused by ARD! Some without Dr. Reich actually, but if you can get to him , why not?

I ask that we try to concentrate our task to cover the isues that you need to feel comfortable in making an informed decision for XXXX to get to Dr. Reich. What are her feelings on this?
Please read my ARD story as it offers you many answers to an adhesiolysis of this caliber. I am also attaching the adhesiolysis procedure of Dr. Reich, as well as information on Confluent. There is no other surgeon who offers the quality adhesiolysis that Dr. Reich offers, it is really that simple! He remains not only the foremost educated medical person when it comes to ARD, he offers the most succesful adhesiolysis available in the entire world today!


KS: January sounds awfully quick

BD: It IS quick! But you have to admit it was difficult to know where you stood as far as seeking medical intervention for XXXX as your sights appeared to be on other ARD issues. The need to know this was not apparent to me until your recent postings! But we still have time to get her there..it will take some intervention on my part, especially if you need passports, but I can do it and I am willing to do it!


KS: And I know XXXX will dread the thought of it,

BD: I can understand that, but I am sure she will dread a surgery in Germany with Dr. Reich much less then she would dread a surgery in any medical facility here in the USA with any jo smo surgeon! And she will not be alone, Dr. J K is going as is A H, and I set this clinic up to receive and give International patient the best care possible, and you need to trust someone, let it be me please. Let it be me as I am honest, very acclimated to ARD, in fact I am the foremost informed consumer of ARD in the world, very upfront and I would never have contacted you about XXXX if I did not think it would help her regain portions of her life back! What does XXXX have to lose here? She will NOT be worse, if anyhting, she will not return worse for the surgery..only better! And Karen, if you go with, you will be learning the ways that you can help other ARD sufferers, be it independent of the IAS or whatever avenue you take to do that. That is not my bussiness, or even if you don't do that, my bussiness and focus now is on XXXX!
however, she is very agreeable to go forward once her dad and I assure her that she needs to.
How are you two going to determine that? And when? How is more important, if I can be of any help on that please get to me and you will find out I am for real. I am going to list references for me as well. Please take a moment to simply ask what my credentials are for helping secure the highest quality medical /surgical intervention for XXXX.
XXXX is agreeable as she is sufferring, she is desperate and if you think your frightened, she is living and dying from ARD! She wants to be as well as she can be...and as long as she is willing to rely on your decisions for her, it comes down to you and her dad to do this leg work for her, and it is up to you two to do what is best for her so she can experience life once more ..she will never get as well as she is going to get anywhere but in Germany and with Dr. Reich!

Peace my dear friend,
Bev


Ending comment from Karen to the reader of this blog:
In closing (if anyone actually read all this!), we took our daughter to Dr. Daniel Kruschinski for surgery. Though I did speak to Beverly by email, I soon became offended by many statements made by her in which she insinuated that we were not capable of choosing a surgeon without HER expert knowledge. Furthermore, the reports I had seen posted were from actual women that had had surgery by Dr. Kruschinski and they were "shouting from the rooftops".......(Dawn Rose was included in this list of happy women!!) After much prayer, my husband and I felt complete peace that Dr. Krushchinski was the doctor that God had led us to.......we had prayed for an answer to this wretched illness for thirteen long years........Thank God.....Our daughter is well today, our family is whole again and it is all because of the talented Dr. Daniel Kruschinski. These women will answer to a higher power one day for their wicked deeds against many, many people.....They have a MOTIVE behind their slander, but I have a well daughter!

Anonymous said...

And another email.....


From: Dawn
Date: 04/07/03 06:11:30
To: Karen Steward
Subject: Dear M and Karen best wishes in Germany


Hello,
I just saw that you are going to go to see Dr. Kruschinski. I am
thrilled for you both. He has literally saved my life. I am now 8 weeks
post op and adhesion free. I have my life back and soon you will have
yours....you will know that when you look him in the eyes. His success
rate is unparalleled. I went to him in cane and diapers....36 hours
after the major surgery I wanted to go back to the apartment....no more
cane, no more diapers no more self cathing.... you feel that great that
fast!~I went to the grocery store across the street later that night as
I had the munchies....not been able to eat for so long....delicious!
You will be meeting the most wonderful folks that will help bring back
some trust lost to the medical system here. You will be treated with
such dignity, patience and love.
If I can be of service in anyway please feel free to contact me.
Something I was unaware of when I went is no one told me to bring my own
pain meds...the meds in Germany are different and they do not want you
to go through withdrawal while there. I ripped off my duragesic patch
the day after surgery and have never looked back...I used my vicodin for
post op pain. which is nothing compared to the everyday life of an
adhesion sufferer.
You are seeing the very best person in the whole wide world and in a
short while you will be freed of the pain that has taken so much from
both of you. You are very brave to take this leap of faith but you will
not be disappointed.
God bless and God speed,
Dawn Rose


.