ARD, CAPPS, Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder , Internal Scar Tissue, Hope for those who suffer from Adhesions

Friday, May 19, 2006

Why I do not recommend Dr.K., part 2

(Dear IHRT, Thanks again for letting me post). I certainly cannot post this on adhesions.de, and I HAVE corresponded directly with Dr. Kruschinski).

See "Why I do not Recommend Dr. Kruschinski" , this is part 2 of that.

When I made the decision to go to Germany, I was too desperate to think clearly and I was very naive. I have learned a very hard lesson. I was very vulnerable and I went to a Dr. who I feel lured me by telling me his surgery would RESOLVE my neuropathic pain. I believed him, that was my big mistake. But my conclusion it that he knows very little or nothing about neuropathic pain, and that he lured me there for his personal financial gain.
But note that all of what I say here is my experience, and my opinion.
So do not bother to accuse me of libel, because everything I have to say is true. The dictionary definition of libel is "writing untrue things about someone" and the dictionary definition of slander is " speaking untrue things about another person, in the presence of someone else". I had to look it up myself).
We read on adhesions.de that many patients who have gone to Germany are very appreciative and very impressed that Dr. Kruschinski pays so much attention to them. It is such a contrast to how they have been treated by Drs. in the U.S. It IS true.... before they get there, while they are there, and when they return home, he is very friendly, cordial, and attentive. He returns their calls , returns their e-mail in a timely manner. In fact in an incredibly SPEEDY manner during the time when they are deciding whether or not to go to Germany and when they are making the necessary financial and travel arrangements. Remember recently IHRT published correspondance from a prospective pt's husband (they lived in Hawaii), and Dr. K. wanted their money wired before he had even received her medical reports?

Let us look at certain things about Dr. K and his medical practice. He is the head of his own institute, and he has his own business. He states he is in the process of franchising his business, even though he also states that he is the only one who can do the job right. That does not seem logical to me.

Because he is not affiliated with a University and he does not work in a teaching hospital, there are no "rounds" that he needs to go on with medical students, interns, and residents. Probably he has no committee meetings that he must attend, except perhaps those regarding the Emma Clinic. Most likely, NO PEER REVIEW. Quite possibly, there is no oversight of his surgery or anything else about his business.

And it is a business, he is a Doctor AND a businessman. All doctors who are in private practice are businessmen(or business women). As a businessman, he must have a steady flow of pts. and to do that, he is like a salesman, and he is good at it. He knows how to make pts. feel important, and indebted to him. He gets pts. from word-of-mouth and internet communication. When they arrive, they are seen in his office which is next to the apt. The next day or so, he operates on them, and he sees them after surgery in Emma Clinic, and on subsequent days in his office. He even makes house calls to the apartments if a pt. is having some serious problem or needs a pain shot. He does not charge extra for all this attention, it is part of the package deal.

What does he do the rest of the time? Well, we know from some of his postings on his own webs site, that he spends a lot of time on the computer, responding to e-mails, and reading the stats of how many "hits" his web site gets, reading and responding to other web site postings about adhesions. What else? He says he is gathering data for his report, which is to be published, maybe he is working on that. When is it going to be published?
If anybody knows, please tell me.

So what else does he do? He goes to professional meetings and congresses, all over the world. That is important to him, but expensive. The money has to come from somewhere! He told me that he always flies first class.

What is my point? Why is he so readily available to pts. in the apts if they call him, or e-mail him? Maybe because when he is not at the Emma Clinic, he has very little else to do, and he is just over in his office, working on the computer, trying to get more and more patients?

When I was there in Germany, Dr. K. told me personally that he had a plan to buy the entire apt building, and to have his own operating room and recovery room in the apartment bldg, and pt rooms on the ground floor. He spoke of his vision of a very large number of patients coming from the US to him. It seems that has not happened. At that time (3 years ago), there was no mention of a third look. People were supposed to be cured if they had no adhesions on the second look, and the Spray Gel was supposed to prevent further adhesions from occcuring.

But unfortunately, for many pts, adhesions came back, or were not all removed. Third look, fourth look, fifth look , etc. were/are required for many folks. And some patients developed umbilical hernias, near or at the site where the abdolift was placed.
So it seems that abdolift and spray gel and his surgical skills are not the panacea he expected them to be. That is unfortunate for all.

Maybe all the people that went to him since he started using SprayGel and abodlift were all in a research project! He will probably publish the report, eventually. It will probably say that on the second look, 90% of the patients were adhesion-free. It will probably not say that some people went back multiple times.

I do not want to discredit those people who say they are fine, or greatly improved. I hope they are. What I do not understand is why patients are so reluctant to say that they went back, or that they have to go back, and that they are secretive about the fact that they did go back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your observations of how the "infrastructure" of Endogyn is run is right on,and that is that it isn't run at all!
"Kru" was supposed to have a BOOK out this October, but I think I took care of that when contacting the publisher about the REAL truths of that Abdolift and supposed 'stats" on patient who never knew they were his "science projects!"
Following the " Million Peices" fiasco, the publisher here in the USA of "Kru's"was VERY interested in all of this, and thus took the information to the European publisher..so we shall see if this #300.00+ book ever comes out now!
"Kru" is all talk and no show...all kinds of NEW centers to operate in, Cayman Island's, stats coming out, promises galore, and as ussual, no show!
What a loser "Kru" is, and unfortunately, so are his patents!

But this patient is right on target..touche!

Anonymous said...

I do not know exactly what you mean by touche. I am not trying to score points or prove myself right and others wrong.
I have been quiet for too long. I wanted to tell my story somewhere to help other people think twice before making a disastrous decision like I did. I feel I was deceived and lured into a surgery that Dr. K.knew, or should have known, would not be successful in stopping neuropathic pain. I have since done extensive reading on neuropathic pain. I should have done it before. But he is the Dr., not me, and I believed him.
I originally heard about Dr. K. from IAS, so that is where I wanted to tell my story. But IAS seems to be defunct. So, I sent my story to you.
I knew that adhesions.de is Dr. K's web site and his main form of advertizing. That web site only wants to hear positive stories. Certainly they would not be interested in my story.

Anonymous said...

Infrasturcture - my understanding of infrastructure for surgeries at Emma Clinic is that the infrastructure is: airport pick up and drop off, lodging in the very comfortable and fully-equippped apartments next to Dr. K's office or in a nearby hotel, pre-op blood work or EKG (if needed) done at the Emma Clinic, office staff arranging cabs to and from the Emma Clinic for patients on the day of surgery and the day they are discharged (if needed), surgery done in the Emma Clinic, Recovery Room and Patient Care rooms on one floor of the Emma Clinic, excellent nursing care in the Emma Clinic, tourist information available, TV's and DVD players in the apt room, cell phones issued to the pts, information about grocery shopping just across the street from the apartments, information about restuarants, the Internet Cafe, which is in the center of the Olde Town, etc.
I think the infrastructure in Seliengenstadt was excellent. My only problem with being in Seligenstadt was that many people who live and work in Germany are very heavy smokers and because I am allergic to cigarette smoke, it was difficult for me to breathe, so I had to avoid a lot of places. I was not able to eat in restaurants or check my e-mail in the Internet Cafe, and I found just a few places where people were not smoking - one was the beautiful cathedral. I spent most of my time walking around the town, which was lovely.
I liked Dr. K's nurse, M. who is no longer there, but she was a heavy smoker, and the smoke lingered in her hair, so I did not like being around her.
It was interesting being in another country, and I would have been able to enjoy it much more if I had not been in severe pain the entire time I was there.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that , to his credit, Dr. K does not smoke. The nurses who worked at Emma Clinic when I was a pt. there did smoke, but not in the hospital, but they did smell like smoke.
I know that lots of people smoke, I just have to choose not to be around them.
Because I was there in winter, the smoking was more of an issue, because everyplace had their windows tightly closed. I noticed that some of the restaurants had outdoor dining, but of course it was not available during the time I was there, winter.
And finally, I had to spend the last night in a hotel. The entire hotel smelled like smoke, people were smoking while they were eating in the restaurant.
I took a cab to the airport, the driver smoked continuously. I had to wait several hours in the airport and everybody was smoking there also.
I was relieved to get out of Germany - I felt like I had been in an ashtray the entire time I was there.
Now that the Grand Caymans are an option for people who want adhesion surgery with Spray Gel, the smoking issue is a moot point.