ARD, CAPPS, Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder , Internal Scar Tissue, Hope for those who suffer from Adhesions

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Not everybody gets the special treatment in GErmany

Everybody else seems to have gotten the special treatment in Germany, except me.

I flew to Germany with a companion. Nobody met us at the airport, so after waiting about 45 minutes, we called Dr. K.'s office and somebody was sent to get us. Also nobody took me back to the airport. By that time, my companion had left because another pt and her friend had moved in with me, and it was too crowded. In the morning of the day prior to the day I was supposed
to leave, I was informed that I had to move to a hotel, because another pt was moving into the apt with two of her family members.

Ok, so I moved to the hotel, no problem, except that I had to find my own way to the airport by myself, so I took a cab and it cost $50 which I had to pay myself and was never reimbursed.

Also, something really weird happened while I was in the Emma Clinic, in the evening after surgery. I had already been gotten out of bed once by the nurse, and the nurse did not tell me not to get out of bed again, so a couple hours later, I got out of bed by myself to use the bathroom, then I got back into bed. A couple hours later, Dr. K came rushing into my room, loudly accusing me of doing "aerobic exercises". He told me to get out of bed and he ripped off my dressing, muttering in German. Then he saw that my companion was sitting back in the corner, and he suddenly turned to pleasant and said everything was OK.
After he left, I asked my companion, "what was that all about", and neither one of us could figure it out.>
Recently there was a discussion on endogyn about no gloves in the examining room. I did not think about it much at the time, but now to hear that another of his pts had a blood borne infection, Hepatitus, is REALLY SCARY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the fact that nobody picked you up at the airport and nobody took you back was just a coincidence, after all, you did get picked up eventually, and you did find your way back to the airport by yourself. However, your story of Dr. K rushing into your room and accusing you of doing aerobics reminds me of another story a patient posted on one of these boards, about him mocking her in front of her husband and a nurse, something about the fact that she had low blood pressure and he wanted her to walk aroud the room but she felt too dizzy and he loudly accused her of being lazy.

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor baby, you had to go to the airport by yourself, boo-hoo.

itsme said...

CArolyn ya ol bat why do you come here.
Dawn