ARD, CAPPS, Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder , Internal Scar Tissue, Hope for those who suffer from Adhesions

Friday, January 27, 2012

An open letter to Steward and Kruschinski

In response to Karens posting http://www.adhesionpain.net/2012/01/adhesions-and-surgical-barriers.html

Dear Karen,
I believe you are misinformed as there is no effective adhesion barrier in the whole wide world. I actually feel bad for Covidian as they got left holding the bag by Confluent then Tyco. I feel perhaps your daughter was indeed fortunate not to have a barrier applied in the surgery you speak of.

As to the effectiveness of Sprayshield...if you read the PDF you posted...the promising results are on animals and they state in very small print
"Outcomes were assessed in 4 patients with second-look laparoscopy.6"

So four people in a prospective trial that initially (the fine print and vauge words are always suspect to me) Can you explain to me why suddenly and with no reason given did Spaygel have to be reformulated into spray shield? Are you aware that trials for sprayshield have stopped? Are you aware there are now adverse events reported that the spray device like the one used to apply spray shield has caused embolisms? http://ihrt.blogspot.com/2011/06/fda-safety-notification-risk-of-air-or.html

Have you ever considered this scenario? A company in the US starts with oh, lets use a Kruschinski word, an excursion and things are not working out as planned. It is easy to get a CE mark overseas. Would you consider it possible that adhesion barriers are available overseas in an attempt for big Pharma to save significant amounts of money by seeing "what happens" over there before they invest in a full US clinical trial seeking FDA approval? That is what I believe.
Since we probably have everyones attention here, Why do you think it is OK for adhesion patients to have a major abdominal surgery in a cosmetic surgery day clinic? No ICU, no nothing...there is pathogen harboring carpeting throughout the clinic and in patient rooms for goodness sake. It is not by any means a safe place to have this type of surgery unless you can explain to me otherwise.
I would also wish you could elaborate in public why you feel an AWL is better than a pnumoperitoneum? Are you aware that Dr. Kruschinski relies on a low level pnumoperitonium to insert his hook? So you get that evil CO2 anyhow and after you go all the way to Germany to avoid CO2????

AWL in an adhesiolysis seem like a waste of time as there you are in surgery and the surgeon cannot visualized all areas where adhesions may be cut, so how many times must a person go? As many times as the unfortunate gentleman AZ was before he took his own life? Come now Karen, you must have spoken to him several times...How many times did Az have surgery at Endogyn? I count 7 but I could be wrong. I bet you know. Are you willing to share that information with us?
In your article you avoid declarative statements and say words like "they may" do this or that. Kruschinski uses this tactic as well as I have observed it over the years. If he is all you say he is then why is he not grabbing headlines in all the medical journals? Does he recieve any money from Covidian? Do you even know? If I ran Covidien I would pay him to keep quiet as perhaps he has used spaygel and sprayshield more than anyone.

Could you please elaborate on this statement, "While those who fight for the throat of their competitors by on line attacks"
Can you tell us who you believe is competing?
Can you tell us who you feel is greedy?
I agree with your statement about "attack, attack, attack" as I have sat here patiently and watched you do it to very fragile sick, suffering people...I see you publicly berate them and harass anyone who does not agree with you and why should anyone agree with you when what you espouse over and over again has no scientific basis? I actually believe you may not have the capacity to understand what you espouse in a scientific manner.
Did you know that harassment and bullying and the usurpation of money from those who are legally handicapped is a felony? Just an FYI

Ok that is all the bad part and I only want to spread hope and education to all who suffer from ARD. I just read some very promising news about interfering with the process of fibrinolysis controlled genetically..looking to stop the scourge of adhesion related disorder by gene manipulation..now that sound promising for the time being and there are fantastic surgeons world wide that can perform a succesful adhesiolysis and I was fortunate enought to find some after I learned my hard, expensive and painful lesson at Endogyn.

I apologise to all adhesion sufferers who had to witness this and I pray you have not been upset and if you are I am so sorry but I feel that this so self proclaimed adhesion activist and self published author has an agenda other than the end of suffering of adhesion patients.
I was declared severly handicapped by adhesions in 2003 and last fall was reviewed and still considered hanicapped by adhesions. I have a yound child...school aged ( not and adult constantly refered to as a child) and I would do anything to spare my child this...yours too and that is why I take this stand against someone who is hopefully nothing more than very uninformed.

No comments: