ARD, CAPPS, Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder , Internal Scar Tissue, Hope for those who suffer from Adhesions

Friday, February 13, 2009

How desperate is Kruschinski and how desperate are Patients!

Kruschinski has traps that I guess we can coin as credibility traps where the unsuspecting might actually believe his garbage!

IHRT has been assured that the Karl Storz Co. has stopped manufacturing and sales of the AbdoLift long ago.
Besides, IHRT tipped off a klinik that Kruschinsi and gasless was a con and he hi tailed it out of there so quick he left his abdolift there with a bunch of unopened mail! Bills we believe.

This klinik is ever grateful to the vigiliant IHRT team!




jlamber

State:
Texas
Homepage:
Category:
Surgery
Donation Amount:

jlamber's Wish:
I Need Help Paying for Much Needed Adhesiolysis Surgery
Hello, I appreciate you reading my post. I am a 35 year old female in need of surgery to remove pelvic adhesions. Adhesions are scar tissue, or bands of fibrous tissues that bind your organs together (bowel to ovary or stomach to intestine, for example) so that your organs cannot move independently as they are designed to do. My adhesions cause pain- everyday. We suspect they are causing infertility (based on findings during prior surgery) and we are scheduled to do a dye test to confirm this. I have been married for 3 years, so this was a particularly sad piece of news. My adhesions are pulling on my organs causing a constant spasm cycle that is extremely difficult, if not impossible to break as long as adhesions are present. Plain and simple-I hurt. Every day.
Removal of adhesions or, adhesiolysis (ad-hee-zee-oh-lye-sis) is both the treatment and the cause of the disease! Yes, you read that right. Removal of adhesions through surgery only makes them worse! When you cut away the fibrous bands of tissue, more scarring forms and the adhesions return, binding your organs- most often worse then before! This can affect ANYONE who has surgery! This I know first hand as my first surgery to remove adhesions has only caused me more pain.I have insurance, but they will not pay for the surgery. Let me explain. In the USA, adhesions are generally removed through laparoscopy which is done by inflating the patient's abdomen with CO2 gas then inserting tiny instruments into the abdomen to cut or burn the tissue away from the organs. Often times, doctors will fill the abdomen post-adhesiolysis with a saline solution in order to try to prevent adhesions from reforming. This is exactly how my last surgery was performed. There are 2 issues with this entire approach: 1. Studies show that the use of CO2 gas acidifies the abdomen thereby creating the ideal environment for adhesions to grow! 2. The saline solution is completely ineffective in preventing adhesions from growing. The tender tissues (that have just been cut or burned) are raw and ready to sprout more scars. It is a vicious cycle. This is COMMON knowledge amongst the medical community and I have been told that having another surgery to relieve my pain is not a good idea since I will likely only get worse. In despair, I created an Adhesion Group discussion board and met a woman who found a doctor in Germany who is using a different approach to removing adhesions. Her daughter was violently ill and repeatedly misdiagnosed for 13 years and then they found this doctor and an answer. I have been in contact with about a dozen of US residents who have been pain free for 5+ years since having this procedure. It works!Instead of using CO2 to inflate the belly, the doctor uses a procedure called Abdolift. It is basically a mechanical way to look inside the body which sidesteps creating an acidic "adhesion encouraging" environment. The gasless method also prevents the typical post surgical pain associated with CO2 in your belly- when you wake up, you basically feel like someone is digging a shovel into both shoulders and you are freezing cold. The other method the German doctor uses is the application of an adhesion barrier called Spraygel. During surgery, this blue gel is applied to the areas where adhesions were removed in order to prevent new ones from growing. Spraygel works- it provides a barrier and adhesions cannot reform! And they form very quickly- within 7 days! On day 7 or 8, the doctor goes in for a second look at which time more adhesiolysis is performed if needed along with a second coat of Spray Gel. The trip is 14 days and the surgery is 8500 euros, roughly $12,500 USD at today's exchange rate. The success rate of this surgery is 90%! Now those are some odds I can bank on!Here is where my insurance fails- they will not pay for surgery outside of the US and they will not pay for surgery they consider "experimental". Neither SprayGel or Abdolift are FDA approved. When US doctors tested Spraygel for FDA approval, they did it with CO2 gas- no wonder it failed to produce results! Germany is far more advanced in this arena than the US is and this doctor is currently my only hope in getting better-PER MY DOCTOR!We have looked into borrowing the lump sum of money which was not approved. We do not have enough equity in our home (only been here 3 years) and the doctor does not accept credit cards- kind of a good thing when you consider the interest rate. We do not have enough in retirement to borrow against our 401k. I have looked for clinical trials that I might be part of, however there are none that apply. I have looked into buying another insurance policy that would cover even a portion of the expenses, however it was quickly apparent that this was not possible or feasible. I am trying to say that I have looked at as many options as I can think of- and I feel I have exhausted them all. I am feeling pretty hopeless in figuring out how I will find $12k and that does not include airfare or expense for my husband to join me, either! Of course, I would travel alone even though it is highly unappealing to me to be sick in a foreign country- alone. If we could figure a way to fund even a portion of the expenses, we would be in a more realistic spot to afford this surgery. Right now, $12k is simply out of reach.I found this page through referral and thought I would give it a whirl. Perhaps there is a donor out there who knows about chronic illness firsthand and the effect it has on not only the sufferer, but also the family. Perhaps there is a donor who knows how it feels to have the infertility bomb dropped on them. I know it is silly, but I have been playing the lottery ($3 a week) trying to win some money so that I could help others in this situation- and if I ever win it, that is exactly what I would do, too. When you go for surgery, adhesions are not even talked about as being a risk! It is surprising how few people are even aware of adhesion related disorders. Increasing awareness and pushing for research on new methods are key to helping others get well. I spent the past 7 years being misdiagnosed over and over until a doctor finally decided to look inside my body for endometriosis (I have none, another misdiagnosis!) but even he did not talk to me about the potential of adhesions until after he found them! It is a horrible shame that an answer for adhesion pain exists, but insurance companies in the US are unwilling to provide the vehicle to wellness. I cannot understand why there is secrecy around adhesions amongst the medical community. Very little progress is being made in our country even though there are many sufferers who are told daily that there is no cure for adhesions, their pain, their infertility. The current treatment standard in the US is is also the cause. There clearly is an answer through Abdolift and Spraygel. A 90% success rate. It does not make sense that this procedure is not offered in the US, but it seems a lot in our world really doesn't make sense either.Thank you for reading and considering my situation for donation. I am perfectly willing to answer more questions or for your donation to go directly to the doctor, though I could not possibly imagine using money for anything else. I am chronically ill, I am in pain and I am out of answers.
Here are some links on adhesions and the German doctor's procedure to help you understand:http://www.adhesions.org/http://www.adhesions.deA link to Doctor K's Website:

http://www.mywishnet.com/profiles/jlamber/
Pick up the phone and spend as much time as you did on this site to see if Kruschinski is legit.
He has conned greater minds than yours.

No comments: